Most Holy Theotokos intercede for us!

Friday, May 13, 2005

The Daily Prayer of Hieroschemamonk St. Parthenius

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, do not permit vanity, self-love, sensuality, carelessness or anger to rule over me and steal me from Your love.

O my Lord, my Creator, all my hope! Do not leave me without a portion in the blessed eternity. Grant that I may follow Your holy example, that I may submit to the authorities placed over me. Grant me the clean soul and the simplicity of heart which make us worthy of Your love.

To You, my God, I lift up my soul and my heart; do not allow Your creature to perish, but free me from the single and greatest evil – sin.

Grant, Lord, that I may endure anxiety and sorrows of the soul with the same patience as the joy with which I receive satisfaction of the heart.

If You desire, Lord, You can cleanse me and sanctify me. Here, I commit myself to Your mercy, begging You to destroy in me all that is offensive to You, and to unite me to the assembly of Your chosen.

Lord, take from me idleness of spirit, which destroys time; vanity of thoughts, which hinders Your presence and distracts my attention in prayer. If, while in prayer, I turn away from You in my thoughts, help me, so that this distraction may not be willful, and that averting my mind, I may not avert my heart from You.

I confess to You my Lord God all the sins of my wickedness, committed before You, now and in the past; forgive me for them, for the sake of Your holy name, and save my soul, which You have redeemed with Your precious blood.

I entrust myself to Your mercy. I submit to Your will. Do with me according to Your mercy, and not according to my evil and wickedness. Teach me, Lord, to dispose my deeds so that they will serve in glorifying Your holy name.

Take pity, Lord, on all Christians. Hear the wants of all who cry to You. Deliver from all evil. Save Your servants (Names). Send them comfort, consolation in sorrows, and Your holy mercy.

Lord, I pray to You especially for those who have in any way insulted, abused, and grieved me. Do not punish them for the sake of me, a sinner, but pour out Your mercy upon them.

Lord, I pray to You for all those whom I, a sinner, have insulted or tempted in word, deed, or thought, knowingly and unknowingly.

Lord God, forgive us our sins and mutual offenses. Dispel, Lord, from our hearts all indignation, suspicion, anger, remembrance of evil, quarrels, and all that might hinder and lessen brotherly love.

Be merciful, Lord, to those who have entrusted me, an unworthy sinner, to pray for them. Be merciful, Lord, to all who ask Your help.

Lord, make this day a day of Your mercy. Give to each according to his or her petition. Be the shepherd for the lost, the guide and light of unbelievers, the teacher of the unwise, the father of orphans, the helper of the oppressed, the healer of the sick, the comforter of the dying, and lead us all to the desired end, to You, our refuge and blessed repose. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eric! Nice blog. Hey it's been a LONG time. Give me a call sometime.

765-364-6853

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rejoice, O Virgin Mother of God, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, for thou hast born the Savior of our souls.