Most Holy Theotokos intercede for us!

Saturday, January 29, 2005

"God has clothed himself in humanity,
For me a sufferer he has suffered;
For one condemned he has been judged;
For one buried he has been buried;
But he is risen from the dead
And he cries:
Who will plead against me? I have delivered the one who was condemned,
I have given back life to him who was dead,
I have raised up one who was buried.
Who will dispute my cause? I have abolished death,
I have crushed hell,
I have raised humanity to the highest heavens,
Yes I, the Christ...

I am your forgiveness,
I am the Passover of salvation,
I am your light,
I am your resurrection."

--From the Easter Homily of Melito of Sardis (+2nd century)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rejoice, O Virgin Mother of God, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, for thou hast born the Savior of our souls.