Most Holy Theotokos intercede for us!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Into cyber-oblivion

I changed templates and lost EVERYTHING. I didn't remember this happening before, but the last time I changed templates was a while ago and I've made many more additions. I also (after the fact, of course) remember saving my sidebar links and pics and such. Now I have to try to put all of it back together again. What a pain! I feel sick right now, after all that work. If anyone knows an easy way to recover it, let me know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Michel said...

Dear Eric, I'm sick for you, for that disaster!

I suppose you switched to the new "beta". One of the websites I maintain has been forced by google to adopt the new beta, and I lost any control panel in French, so a cooperative website for French-talking people became in just a twinkle of an eye just one more load for me...
It seems their new beta has a big problem with templates - I made a little try with the "forced" site, and saw indeed by simply clicking on the template section that it was to lose everything.
So now I do my best to keep all other blogs in the "old" one system, maybe not perfect but more trustable.
Didn't you kept a copy of the template, the layout under an ASCII file, somewhere?
I kept 2 pages of you - with saint John Maximovitch's relics & the saints of Einsiedeln - but being "direct pages", they have not the full layout of your mainpage, sorry

may these saints of Einsiedeln help you to rebuild anew or find an archive

Jean-Michel

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Rejoice, O Virgin Mother of God, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, for thou hast born the Savior of our souls.